April 4th, 2020
Dirty Leprechaun Update: While St. Patrick’s Day has come and gone, we are still fully preparing for this mudder to happen this year. We are vigilantly awaiting news of when we may expect large gatherings to be allowed once again. We’re also frequently communicating with the staff at Lee Farms and are hopeful that we can still host the event at that location. As soon as we have more information to share, we’ll be sure to let you know.
Bridge to Brews Update: While it greatly pained us to delay our biggest event of the year, we would like to reiterate that we do still plan on going forward with Bridge to Brews later this year. In other words, the delay due to health and safety reasons was purely a postponement and not a cancellation. We are vigilantly awaiting news of when we may expect large gatherings to be allowed once again so we can continue hosting this historic event for its 19th year. We’re communicating with the City of Portland about scheduling matters in the hopes we can keep our planned routes. As soon as we have more concrete information to share, you will be the first to know.
Cinco de Mayo Update: After carefully considering options for the 2020 race, we have to share the sad news that there will not be a Cinco de Mayo race this year. We understand the deep disappointment this will cause to our participants, as well as the impact this has on our sponsors, vendors, partners and running community. Due to the uncertainty of the current situation, postponing to a later date has proven not to be a viable option. There are other event companies vying for the same outcomes…
What’s the policy?
As a local business, we make every effort to produce products and services for our event locally and sustainably. The no refund policy is applicable in order to preserve our ability to pay our business partners for the year-round work that goes into planning and producing events, in the event of a major disruption like the one we’re all experiencing. That being said, we are taking huge losses this year and will continue to do so in 2021. Our team wants to express our thanks to you through a deferment offer at no additional cost to you. Ultimately, we will continue to lose revenue because of this, but we exist for you, our community.
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, all registered participants in the Half Marathon, 10k and 5k will receive free deferral to either next year’s Cinco de Mayo race (2021 Date TBD) or to any of our other 2020 running events (Grateful Dad, Girl Power, Sunset on the Springwater, or Run Like Hell) courtesy of Terrapin Events.
Instructions on how to process your deferral will be coming soon (Please, continue to check your email). Note, deferrals cannot be processed automatically; participants must take this action themselves. Expiry: As a participant, you will have through the end of the year (December 31st, 2020) to select another race in which to participate and process your deferral.
We’re in this together.
Please know that the many hours and miles you put into training for the 2020 race did not go to waste. Now, maybe more than ever, we are being forced to focus on the things we can control and that bring us happiness. For us—and likely for you—running is one of those things. Even though you won’t find us at our favorite group runs in the near future, we’ll be out there on the roads and trails with you in spirit as we all work through the disappointment of this race being canceled and the larger impact our communities are all facing.
Thank you for your continued support during this time. We’ll be in touch regularly over the coming months via email and updates on our website to keep you informed. We look forward to seeing you on the start line in 2021; we anticipate there will be a record number of PRs.
March 16th, 2020
The CDC now recommends that, “for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States”. See article here.
This now affects our Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon, 10k and 5k on Saturday, May 1st. At this time, we plan to make an informed decision regarding the status of this year’s race by Friday, March 27th, as we gather more details from the city and relevant parties. There will be a temporary suspension of registration (once we have made a decision, registration will reopen at current prices).
Should the event be canceled for any reason, our policy will be:
- Free deferral for currently registered Cinco de Mayo participants to the 2021 Cinco de Mayo event. Current participants will also have the option of deferring it to any of our other 2020 running events (Grateful Dad, Girl Power, Sunset on the Springwater, or Run Like Hell).
March 13th, 2020
We will be taking these steps for both the Dirty Leprechaun and Bridge to Brews event:
- Temporary suspension of registration (once we have a new date, registration will reopen at current prices)
Should the event(s) be canceled, or current participants are not able to attend the new event date, our policy will be:
- Free deferral for currently registered participants of Dirty Leprechaun to the 2021 My Muddy Valentine or Dirty Leprechaun. Current participants will also have the option of deferring it to any of our other 2020 running events (Cinco de Mayo, Grateful Dad, Girl Power, Sunset on the Springwater, or Run Like Hell)
- Free deferral for currently registered participants of Bridge to Brews to the 2021 Bridge to Brews event. Current participants will also have the option of deferring it to any of our other 2020 running events (Cinco de Mayo, Grateful Dad, Girl Power, Sunset on the Springwater, or Run Like Hell)
March 12th, 2020
Oregon governor Kate Brown announced a four week ban on public gatherings larger than 250 people. The 2020 Dirty Leprechaun (3/14) and the 2020 Bridge to Brews (4/5) falls in that four-week timeline, and as of now they have both been postponed. The events have not been officially canceled, just postponed. We are working with Lee Farms on a new date for Dirty Leprechaun. We are working with city officials on a new date for Bridge to Brews.
This is uncharted territory that we’re doing our best to react to and communicate to our participants as quickly as possible. We thank you all for your patience and understanding.