A Virtual Race for Real Hunger
Help us provide 10,000 meals for Oregonians in need
May 16th - June 14th
2 Miles / 5 Miles / 10 Miles / 15 Miles
The Hustle Against Hunger is our first ever virtual race here at Terrapin Events!
For over 18 years, Terrapin Events has been bringing the community fun events through a mixture of running, live music, tasty beer and delicious food. Since we are not able to get together for a real, live and in person event, we have been putting our time and resources into creating a fun run / walk that will get folks out of their house and support a great local organization, the Oregon Food Bank. A portion of each registration will go towards our goal of providing 10,000 meals to Oregonians in need.
The Hustle Against Hunger is our first ever virtual race here at Terrapin Events! We are excited to give walkers and runners a start line from anywhere and an opportunity to be healthy, have fun, feel accomplished and support a very important cause; feeding people when they need it the most!
The Hustle Against Hunger can be run or walked from any location you choose. You can go on the road, on a trail, on a track, or even on a treadmill. You get to run your own race, at your own pace on your own time. You can choose from 15 miles, 10 miles, 5 miles, or 2 miles.
VIRTUAL RACING 101: HOW IT WORKS
- Follow us on social media at https://www.facebook.com/events/3010391545665046/ for encouragement, training tips, and some cool contests.
- Run your race distance on any course of your choice before June 14th at 11:59 pm. We recommend using the asics run keeper app to track your distance and time.
- Post your results before June 14th at 11:59 pm using your confirmation code to this results page
- We will mail you all your swag 4-6 weeks after June 14th.
MAKE IT FUN
- Run using a gps tracking device. We recommend downloading the asics run keeper app which easily syncs with our timing companies software and will be the easiest for everyone.
- You must complete the entire distance you registered for in a single workout (with the exception of the “I did them all challenge”…see #6 below). You cannot run the distance over the course of multiple days or workouts.
- You must use your elapsed time. Once you start your run, don’t stop your time for any reason other than you are finished. This means you should probably choose a route without stoplights that you might have to wait for.
- You personally must run or walk the route. No bikes, cars, or other ways to cheat.
- Treadmills are allowed, but again no stopping your time for any reason once you start the run. We suggest using a stopwatch in addition to your treadmill timer if you are completing the run on the treadmill. this will allow the stopwatch to continue to run if you have to go pee in the middle of the run and need to stop the treadmill.
- If you are completing the “Run Them All” Challenge you can run each distance individually but please submit your TOTAL time for all distances, not each individual time.
Hustle Against Hunger Swag
Included in certain packages or can be purchased separately at checkout.
Bottle Opener Coaster Set
Virtual Race Bib
All packages include online race results via Negative Split Timing.
DO THEM ALL CHALLENGE
Sign up for the “Do them all challenge” and receive a special “I did them all” commemorative shirt. All you have to do is sign up for the “do them all challenge” during registration, run each distance (2, 5, 10, & 15 miler) separately over the time the event is live, submit your results and sit back and collect your swag knowing you just crushed an awesome challenge. You can run the mileage in any order.
OREGON FOOD BANK
Oregon Food Bank knows that hunger starves the human spirit and that your donation will help 1 in 9 of our neighbors across the Oregon Food Bank network, who struggle to put enough food on the table. 93% of donations go directly to hunger-relief activities.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race can be run or walked anytime and anywhere. You can run it outdoors or even indoors on a treadmill. There are no parking problems. No crowds. No long Porta Potty lines!
How does a virtual race work?
Simply register for the Hustle Against Hunger event, complete the distance anytime and anywhere you desire, and upload your finish time. We will mail your swag items after you have uploaded your results and the race period has ended.
Can anyone participate?
Yes! Young or old, runners or walkers, fast or slow – we encourage participants of all ages and ability levels. This event is about supporting the Oregon Food Bank and coming together as a running community during this time.
When does the race take place?
You can complete your race and submit your time between Saturday, May 16th at 12:01am through Sunday June 14th at 11:59pm (PST).
What do I get when I register?
This depends on which package you select during registration. All participants will receive a virtual race bib and their name in the online results. You can also add on items to your registration such as a bottle opener coaster set, t-shirt, collapsible cup and a facemask.
How should I select my route?
Run wherever you would like. Run on the street, trails, track or treadmill. Run up hills, down hills or on flat ground. It is all up to you.
How should I track my race and submit my results?
Submit with the Runkeeper app (see instructions below). You will submit your results by following a link that Negative Split Timing will email to you. This link will take you to the results site and you will just enter the unique confirmation code that will enable you to record your time.
Follow these steps to get started
- Download for iPhone | Download for Android
- You will arrive in the challenges view; choose the distance of your choice and select “Join Now”.
*You are welcome to select a different distance than you originally registered for; the distance must be offered within the Negative Split Timing Test Event or your results will not show in the results page.
- You are all set to record your run
*IMPORTANT: Once you accept the challenge, the very next run of equal or greater distance you complete on Runkeeper will be recorded as your virtual run time. If you plan to use the Runkeeper app to train more before completing your official virtual run, we recommend waiting to join the challenge until you’re ready to make it count!
- After completing the run, you will recieve an email from Runkeeper that directs you to click the included link to post your time to the official Negative Split Event Timing Test Event results page.
Where / when can I see the race results?
See previous question for submitting / finding your results. Since this is a month long race, our timing company will be updating results every 5-7 days. Depending on when you run you may have to wait several days for your results to show up.
Are there prizes/awards for top finishers or age division?
No, we will not be doing any prizes or awards for our virtual races.
When do I receive my swag?
We will mail your items after the race has ended on June 14th. Please allow 4 – 6 weeks for us to order the swag, receive it from our vendors, and then ship to you. We will be getting the items out to you as quickly as we can!
How much of my registration is donated to the Oregon Food Bank?
We are donating 25% of all proceeds to the Oregon Food Bank. Every $10 donated will provide 30 meals!
Can I make an additional donation to Oregon Food Bank?
Yes! Here is a link to our Oregon Food Bank donation page: https://give.oregonfoodbank.org/fundraiser/2757226
What if I’m not able to complete my race during the race period?
In order to participate you must complete the race in the time allotted for the event. If you miss this one, you can join any of our other virtual events.
Can I use a discount code from volunteering or a previous race?
Yes! We do allow you to use discount codes for our virtual races. Just enter your code in the discount code tab on the checkout page of registration. NOTE: Discount codes do not cover additional merchandise. Please email [email protected] if you have any issues with your discount code.